Call for candidates for the postdoctoral position in the project ‘Law in social networks of late antique Aphrodito’
08 01 2021
Call for candidates
Position: post-doctoral researcher in the project
Law in social networks of late antique Aphrodito
Requirements: The applicant must meet all the criteria set by the National Science Centre (NCN) for post-doctoral employment.
The successful candidate is expected to possess:
- a doctoral degree in the field of social sciences or humanities and a doctoral dissertation on Greek, Roman, or Byzantine history;
- excellent knowledge of Latin and Ancient Greek;
- very good command of English;
- documented experience in the field of documentary papyrology, among others, papyri editions, or similar discipline;
- good knowledge of Roman law;
- a strong work ethic.
Good knowledge of Coptic or/and at least one of the following languages – French, German, or Italian – is very welcome.
- collection and analysis of papyri from Aphrodito;
- collection and analysis of juridical sources;
- entering data into a database;
- analysis of assigned legal phenomena and tools;
- publication of results achieved.
Deadline for application: 15 February 2021, 10.00 a.m.
NCN scheme: OPUS
Method of submission: Documents should be submitted by regular mail or by email.
Conditions of employment: Full-time, fixed-term contract for 2 years. Prolongation for 2 more years is possible, gross salary 7700 PLN.
Date of commencement of work: 15 March 2021 at the earliest.
Additional information: The documents should be submitted to: Sekcja spraw pracowniczych i współpracy z zagranicą, Wydział Prawa i Administracji, Uniwersytet Warszawski, Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warsaw, Collegium Iuridicum I, rooms 312-313 or to the email address: email@example.com.
The application must contain:
- a CV including a list of publications
- a cover letter
- a copy of the doctoral diploma or certificate of awarding the doctoral degree
- the declaration: “I agree to the processing of my personal data for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws No. 133 item 883)”.
In case of any questions, please email Maria Nowak: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, read the information for candidates on personal data processing (word) before applying and submit the signed one with the other application documents.